Hi there! This is Hejie Cui (pronounced as “Her-jay Tsuee”, 崔鹤洁 in Chinese). I am currently a PhD student in
Computer Science at
Emory University, under the supervision of
Prof. Carl Yang in Emory Graph Mining (EGM) Lab. My research interests lie in multimodal data mining and AI for health informatics. Check my
CV for more details.
Previously, I got my bachelor’s degree (Valedictorian, GPA Ranking: 1/164) in
Software Engineering at
Tongji University. During my undergraduate, I worked on computer vision for medical imaging with
Prof. Lin Zhang. In addition, I worked with
Prof. Tianwei Yu on machine learning for bioinformatics. I also spent a wonderful summer at
Prof. Gabor Fichtinger‘s
Perk Lab at the School of Computing, Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada through the
- [2023.09] One paper on visual knowledge extraction with multimodality model prompting is accepted to
NeurIPS'23. Thanks to my collaborators.
- [2023.09] Two papers on brain network analysis are accepted to
PSB'24. Congrats to Alexis (High-Schooler)!
- [2023.08] Selected to participate in the
2023 EECS Rising Stars Workshop!
- [2023.07] One collaborative paper on dynamic graph is accepted to
- [2023.06] Our survey paper on healthcare knowledge graph resources, applications, and promises is now
accessible online. To be appeared at
- [2023.05] One collaborative paper on biological data augmentation is accepted to
- [2023.05] One paper on multimodality information extraction is accepted to the Findings of
ACL'23 and selected as Oral at the KDD Workshop on Knowledge Augmented Methods for NLP (KnowledgeNLP-KDD23).
- [2023.04] Our paper on GNN pre-training on brain networks is accepted to
CHIL'23 (Oral). Glad to receive a Travel Grant! See you in Boston in June.
- [2023.02] I will join the
Augmented Learning and Reasoning Group at
Microsoft Research Redmond as a Research Intern in Summer 2023.
- [2023.01] Two collaborative papers on structure learning got accepted to
- [2022.11] One collaborative paper on few-shot learning is accepted to
- [2022.11] Glad to receive
NeurIPS AI4Science Travel Award!
- [2022.10] One Benchmark paper on Graph Neural Networks for Brain Networks has now been officially accepted to
IEEE TMI (IF: 11.037).
- [2022.09] One collaborative paper on transformer is accepted to
- [2022.08] One paper on GNN node features is accepted to
- [2022.06] One paper on interpretable GNNs is accepted to
- [2022.06] One collaborative paper on meta-learning is accepted to
KDD'22 (Health Day).
- Multimodal Learning with Graphs
- AI for Health and Neuroscience
- Language and Vision Knowledge Mining
Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2019-now
B.Eng. in Software Engineering, 2015-2019