Hi there! This is Hejie Cui (pronounced as “Her-jay Tsuee”, 崔鹤洁 in Chinese). I am currently a final-year PhD student in
Computer Science at
Emory University, advised by
Prof. Carl Yang. My research focuses on the integration of multimodal data mining and knowledge-empowered interpretable model for health informatics. Check my
CV for more details. Lately, I am interested in the evaluation of large multimodal models for health and exploring data-centric AI approaches for foundational health models. If our research interests align, I would be delighted to discuss potential collaborations. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via message or email.
Previously, I got my bachelor’s degree (Valedictorian, GPA Ranking: 1/164) in
Software Engineering at
Tongji University. During my undergraduate, I worked on computer vision for medical imaging with
Prof. Lin Zhang. In addition, I worked with
Prof. Tianwei Yu on machine learning for bioinformatics. I also spent a wonderful summer at
Prof. Gabor Fichtinger‘s
Perk Lab at the School of Computing, Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada through the
- [2023.09] One paper on visual knowledge extraction with multimodality model prompting is accepted to
NeurIPS'23. Thanks to my collaborators.
- [2023.09] Two papers on brain network analysis are accepted to
PSB'24. Congrats to Alexis (High-Schooler)!
- [2023.08] Selected to participate in the
2023 EECS Rising Stars Workshop!
- [2023.07] One collaborative paper on dynamic graph is accepted to
- [2023.06] Our survey paper on healthcare knowledge graph resources, applications, and promises is now
accessible online. To be appeared at
- [2023.05] One collaborative paper on biological data augmentation is accepted to
- [2023.05] One paper on multimodality information extraction is accepted to the Findings of
ACL'23 and selected as Oral at the KDD Workshop on Knowledge Augmented Methods for NLP (KnowledgeNLP-KDD23).
- [2023.04] Our paper on GNN pre-training on brain networks is accepted to
CHIL'23 (Oral). Glad to receive a Travel Grant! See you in Boston in June.
- [2023.02] I will join the
Augmented Learning and Reasoning Group at
Microsoft Research Redmond as a Research Intern in Summer 2023.
- [2023.01] Two collaborative papers on structure learning got accepted to
- [2022.11] One collaborative paper on few-shot learning is accepted to
- [2022.11] Glad to receive
NeurIPS AI4Science Travel Award!
- [2022.10] One Benchmark paper on Graph Neural Networks for Brain Networks has now been officially accepted to
IEEE TMI (IF: 11.037).
- [2022.09] One collaborative paper on transformer is accepted to
- [2022.08] One paper on GNN node features is accepted to
- [2022.06] One paper on interpretable GNNs is accepted to
- [2022.06] One collaborative paper on meta-learning is accepted to
KDD'22 (Health Day).
- AI for Health
- Multimodality Machine Learning
- Brain Networks Analysis
- Data Science and Mining
Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2019-now
B.Eng. in Software Engineering, 2015-2019